Saturday 12 April 2014

OOTD


It's that time of year again when I never know how to contrast my wardrobe from winter to spring, because well let's face it British weather is so unpredictable and can be sunny one minute and the next it's raining. 

Dress
I was leisurely browsing Instagram when I came across a striped dress a girl was wearing, being the nosey girl that I am, I asked her where she got it from and she said Topshop. Looking at the Topshop website it was way over-priced for an everyday kind of dress so I took to New Look - I have been so impressed with their new collections, they've definitely improved! In the adult section of New Look they had a dress that is very similar to the one above but they didn't have my size..typical! But a few months back I bought a t-shirt from the teen section of the shop, and I remember the top bought in size 12-13 years fit me perfectly (me being a size 8). So I came across the dress above in the teen section online and thought "what the heck" and bought it for the amazing price of just £14.99. It fits like a glove, on the arms, neck and across the stomach. Just one thing I would say is that I wear a bodycon skirt underneath because the dress is fit for a 12 year old not a twenty year old.

price: 8/10

quality: 9/10
overall rating: 9/10





Necklace

Statement necklaces are definitely my new obsession, as they can liven up a boring/plain outfit. Topshop are known for their statement pieces but as being a student, they're just not in my price range and I find myself thinking "I could have 2 nights out instead of getting that necklace"...(student logic). Primark have really been excelling in their statement jewellery recently, and for great prices! This is a gold plated necklace attached on two white p-leather rope style bands. A very simple but lovely piece to add to a simple sweater, or dress like I have done. So keep an eye on the Primark necklace stands as you'll come across some really good finds.

price: 7/10

quality: 9/10
overall rating: 8/10


Tights

Well we all know tights are tights, but adding some extra detail into the outfit I paired the dress with some black woollen tights from Primark. You could also wear the famous "super cosy" tights but mine are a bit too loved and shouldn't be worn in public, a re-purchase is definitely on the cards. 

price: 7/10

quality: 5/10
overall rating: 5/10


Hope this may have given you a few ideas of how to dress for the start of spring.


emma x

No comments:

Post a Comment