Tuesday 8 January 2013

HELLO 2013

Happy 2013 everyone! Apologies for not blogging in the past week..the first week back to college is always tiring. Any-who I am now back with a post on how I prep my skin every morning when I wake up before adding my make up.




I have been loving Nivea's skin products this year, they're perfect if you're suffering from dry skin and need extra moisture. I used to always purchase the Simple skin products as I thought they worked wonders until I found the Nivea range.
So here goes, I will be talking about each product from left to right.


2 in 1 Cleanser and Toner 
First of all I want to say I have fallen in love with this product! I know Cleansers and Toners are normally in a liquid form but the liquid based formulas dry my skin out a lot, I still wanted to use a cleanser as it is the only product that properly clean your skin and remove any excess make up left on your face or just a general freshen up in the morning before applying make up, so I knew I had to find a product that would cleanse and also moisturise my skin. Not only is this product amazing, the price tag also makes it so much better! It's affordable and has lasted me since August 2012 and still has a lot of product still left inside.  I use this product in the morning, rubbing the product into my skin and remove it with two cotton pads in a circle like motion.

Express Hydration Primer

After finishing my Rimmel primer I wanted to try the Nivea formula as all of the other products by Nivea have worked wonders on my skin. I am not 100% convinced with this primer, I find it doesn't make my make up last as long as the Rimmel primer did. The advantage is obviously the price..but I think there are definitely better primers out there with a more effective formula. I'm not saying this product won't work for you, everybody has a different skin type and it may suit your skin perfectly. I apply the primer after I have cleansed and moisturised. After applying I wait for 5 minutes before starting to apply my make up, just so all the products have sunk into my skin.

Rich Moisturising Day Cream

I have only been using this product for a short while after moving on from the Simple moisturiser. It's definitely a rich moisturiser and benefits my skin. It basically says what it is on the tin. The downside to this moisturiser is the size, I have a feeling this bottle won't last me a very long time other than the Simple moisturisers. I apply this after i've cleansed my skin and thoroughly rub in the product over my face and mid neck area.

Original Vaseline

I swear by this product, if I was stranded on a desert island this would be one of my choices to bring with me for sure! If you're suffering from a patch of flaky skin on your face, definitely use this! I sometimes but a small amount of my face before bed and wake up in the morning with fully moisturised skin. I use this after I have cleansed, moisturised and primed..just so i don't get foundation lips (YUCK)

Hope this helped everyone trying to find a new morning skin routine and hope everyone had an amazing new year! I certainly entered 2013 intoxicated ;-) Apologies if I don't put up another blog post this week as I have a deadline due in as well as work all weekend..busy busy busy!


emma x

No comments:

Post a Comment