Monday 2 September 2013

SixPlus BRUSH SET REVIEW

I'm back..yes I know what you're all thinking "you've taken another break?!" I've had a very difficult few months due to experiencing a bereavement of a very close family member, so I haven't been in the right frame of mind to do blog posts for you, as I want my passion to come across in what i'm writing and mean it.

Anyway, I'm back now and I have a very exciting post for you, Colourfulonline.com contacted me asking if I was willing to give a review on any of their products, and of course I was thrilled with the offer as it's lovely to hear that my opinion matter, I took into consideration of what my make up collection was lacking, because as well as giving you guys feedback I actually wanted to use the product for myself. I ended up choosing the New SixPlus 12pcs Makeup Brush Set, because to me just by looking at the images the brushes are useful for various things which is normally very hard to find, especially when buying a pack of brushes! The blue set stood out to me rather than the pink colour (personal preference) as seen below.

The blue leather case is made at a high standard and it stands up by itself and is made from sturdy material, so you know it will protect your brushes if you're travelling. As far as the brushes go I am beyond impressed by them, they have completely and utterly improved my application of make up, it just goes to show that the tools are key!! I am aware Sigma and MAC do a very similar version to this range of brushes but coming from a girl who has sworn by MAC brushes, I wish I had found the SixPlus makeup set a long time ago. Five bushes in particular have become a staple tool when applying my make up which include: 1= Contouring brush, 2 = Blending brush, 3 = Gel eyeliner brush, 4 = Eye shadow applicator and 5 = Powder brush. Also I just want to say I experienced NO fallout with these brushes what-so-ever, even when they were washed they are still up to the high standard that they were when they arrived.



















Brush 1. (#168  Large Angled Contour Brush)
Before this brush was welcomed into my collection I never felt the need for a contoring brush as I thought the brushes I already owned were working fine, but let me just say that I've not gone one day without using the brush since the arrival! Even though the brush noticeably goes a bit orange toned after once use it shows that the brush is picking up the product and you can tell when the brush needs a jolly good wash. Out of all of the brushes this is one of my most favourite.

Brush 2. (#275  Medium Angled Shading Brush)

This is the style of brush that I have been wanting in my collection for a lifetime but never knew what brush to buy, this is the perfect brush to define the crease on your eyelid, it allows the colour to be blended evenly and lightly if pressed lightly, I again use this brush on a daily basis.

Brush 3. (#209  Eye Liner Brush)

Even though I already had an eyeliner brush in my collection this brush allows you to really define the shape of your eye neatly wether you are using gel eyeliner or using powder, it just works. The brush is quite stiff but soft to touch which definitely makes the application a lot more easier, as well as the short bristles of the brush hair. 

Brush 4. (#214  Short Shader Brush)

This makes application of eyeshadow so much more easier than any brush I have used before, it doesn't suck up all the product and leave hardly any pigment on your eyes what-so-ever! It applies the powdered eye shadow evenly and very pigmented, just how it looks in the pan. This brush can also be used to blend out colours especially when using dark colours due to the stiffness of the brush it allows you to control where the colour is actually being applied to on the eye.

Brush 5. (#134  Large Powder/Blush Brush)

Everyone needs this brush in their lives, it just has so many uses! I don't really like to limit this brush to specific uses because it's just fantastic for various things including, blending out your bronzer to cancel out any harsh lines, a light dust of bronzer, powder application or even blush! It's just fab, and huge!! 

Finally I would just like to say these brushes are incredible for just the price of $28.49 (£18.29) which also includes shipping from China!! As far as delivery goes, the speed was very good as I know from when buying products online from China they normally take a good while to arrive but not in this case. 

If you are interested please check out the link here to find the brushes, or if you are interested in checking out the make up/beauty products that they supply you will find everything on the homepage www.colorfulonline.com . Many thanks to ColourfulOnline for making this post happen and I hope you guys enjoyed this long awaited post (sorry again!)

Emma
xxxx

3 comments:

  1. Hello Emma I love your blog and so I nominated you for the Liebster Award!
    I've explained all about it in my latest blog post!
    Hopefully you check it out xx

    Alice x
    http://intheeyeof-this.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I was wondering how the duo fiber stippling brush held up? I was looking on eBay and wanted to buy just the cup but for a few bucks more I can go ahead and get the brushes too (only if they're worth it) Can you help me out here?

    ~ Lani
    http://gradualnaturalbeauty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lani

      I'm so sorry for the late reply!! I find this brush very high quality, due to me having the elf brush which sheds hair and the glue became loose around the handle and the brush when using it a few times. I haven't had that problem at all with the stippling brush as of yet! Definitely worth a buy; I use it to blend my bronzer and blusher out so there are no harsh lines.

      Hope that helped Lani!

      Delete