Thursday 24 January 2013

MUA EYESHADOW PALETTE "Heaven And Earth"

For a while now I have been asked what I use as eyeshadow, and I am really excited to do this post for you today. So a little background info on my experiences with eyeshadows, I have never really been into eyeshadows since Summer 2011 I began to gain a massive interest in watching girls on YouTube how they do their make up, but a lot of people go for the more expensive products which I thought wasn't suitable when buying my first palette. After passing my A Levels my parents bought me a range of make up products from Benefit, I received the "Big Beautiful Eyes" set, which as a starter was amazing.  But I wanted a palette with a diverse range of colours, so I took to Superdrug where I found the new collection that Superdrug added to their store "MUA - Make Up Academy" their make up is completely affordable to everyone and that is what drew me in. And in the corner of my eye I spotted the Heaven and Earth palette and from that day I have fallen in love with this palette. 



Being fair skinned and blue eyed it is best to go for more earthy tones when applying eyeshadow as you may not want to go for the more gothic approach. This specific palette ranges in different shades of browns, which is perfect! Dare I say it I prefer this to my Benefit eyeshadow set. The colours are amazing when it comes to switching from day time to evening time - just simply make the colours bolder! I use this every single day now and I really do not know what I would do without it. The pigments are perfect and last throughout the day when used with an eye primer or normal facial primer. 

The colours I use to create my daily muted-smokey eye are:
the first colour in the palette on the top row - This is perfect for using on the lid next to your nose, it completely brightens up the eye with a shimmery effect. Then I work into the crease of my eye, I tend to switch the colours up each day, depending on my mood, using a lighter tone of brown to blend in with the first colour and then using an even darker colour to define the smokey eye, and sometimes when I am going for a more dramatic look I use the darkest brown across my lash line, I find this better than using eyeliner, because the powder lasts longer on my lid. 

If you are looking for a new palette you NEED to buy this or just try it out, I think it's better than the high end products that I have experimented with over the years, and a palette that is this amazing only costs £4.00!! I will definitely repurchase this over and over again until another palette can live up to this standard. 

emma x





4 comments:

  1. £4 is a right bargain xx

    http://beautyqueenuk.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO cheap I might have to get it haha!x
    www.wondering-around-wonderland.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete