Saturday 5 July 2014

THE BODY SHOP TEA TREE COLLECTION

In all honesty I hadn't heard much about the Tea Tree skin care range from The Body Shop. I thought all tea tree products were the same but just had a different label, from Superdrug to The Body Shop. 

I received the skincare set for christmas and decided to give it a whirl around March time when I ran out of the majority of my skincare products. To start with I was very sceptical due to the fact I have dry skin and previous drugstore tea tree products has caused redness and mild irritation to my skin. But within a week of using The Body Shop products I was surprised I hadn't seen a blotch of redness and my spots and scarring had faded..in a week! 4 months on and my skin has completely changed, i'm noticing my skin is changing so much, it's gone to combination to oily instead of dry (whether that's due to the weather in this country improving?!)and i'm hardly having any breakouts at all. Breakouts have always been a problem in my life, I never used to go through a week without finding a new spot on my face, but these products have changed this completely and are now a part of my daily skincare routine. So how to I use these products?

Every night once I have taken my make up off completely I go into the shower and put two pumps of the foam into my hands. I rub my hands together and massage it into wet skin. After being settled on my face for around a minute I grab my small exfoliating pad and start massaging the two together (link to the eBay exfoliating pad). I rinse off the product with tepid water and carry on with my shower routine. I find after having a shower my skin feels so refreshed, soft and completely bare..you don't want to be sleeping in any make up residue on your skin!
RRP £5.00

It does what it exactly says on the tin, a toner. As soon as my face is dry from my shower, I grab a cotton pad and put around three drops onto the pad and just wipe my face very gently. It has a lovely cooling sensation and also will remove any left over make up (if there is any). I waft my face dry and let the toner sink into my skin.
RRP £5.00

The final step I take is applying the tea tree gel to my face. I wait until the toner has completely settled into my skin and put a pea size amount of the lotion onto my hand and massage into my skin. Again it leaves a lovely cooling sensation on your skin once your skincare regime has finished. (I will also apply this on main areas of a breakout on my face just so I don't completely dry my skin out). And you should be left with a soft and fresh feeling to your face, perfect before bed time.
RRP £3.00

I really recommend this range, I will 110% repurchase these products once they have finished because I know it helps my skin so much! I know they have other products under their collection which I really want to try out.

I hope you liked this post and please let me know if you'll be buying them to try them out or please let me know what skincare products you're loving at the moment.

emma x



8 comments:

  1. Hello lovely, thank you for the sweet comment on my blog, I really appreciate it! :)

    Great post, thanks for sharing - love the look of this!

    http://electricsunrise.blogspot.co.uk/

    xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! And thank you for yours too :-)

      xx

      Delete
  2. Tea tree is so good for the skin! It's like a natural anti bacterial agent so it's great to keep problem skin under control so glad you enjoyed it. Lush also do a good tea tree toner in a spray which I enjoy! x

    Jasmin Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's great stuff! It's the first time tea tree has every worked on my skin, as Superdrug's own brand ruined my skin; drying it out and giving me horrendous scarring from my spots so I was actually pleasantly surprised by this stuff :-) xx

      Delete
  3. I really want to try these, i've just reached the end of my soap and glory face wash so might go give these a whirl.

    10% off with the Body Shop rewards card too so it would be rude not to ;)

    Keli | kelskurls.blogspot.com xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. i have the tea tree mask and i love it!

    xx fameliquorlove

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am a big fan of bodyshop tea tree products, I have a collection too. love it x
    http://suzishrestha.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete